Hugh Symons AV and Medhurst hosted a very successful combined IT and AV technology day with over 100 visitors to AFC Bournemouth’s prestigious Goldsands Stadium on Wednesday 29th April.
At the event, IT and Audio Visual experts from 25 technology vendors guided visitors through the range of technology solutions available for organisations in the area which also extended to office furniture, CCTV and 3D printing. Three core themes were covered at the technology event, from the latest solutions available in both Information and Audio Visual Technology, to how to make the most from digital interactive solutions.
Jo Kenny, managing director of Hugh Symons, said: “We partnered with local IT specialists Medhurst to offer the Dorset business and schools community a one-stop event for the best and latest in IT, Digital and Audio Visual solutions. And we’re delighted at their response! During the day, over 100 schools and companies came to the event to talk about their interactive technology challenges and we are already planning next year’s event.”
“Schools have been leading the way in using the latest AV and IT technology, making teaching and learning far more interactive and fun. But now we are seeing more and more corporate customers taking advantage of the benefits of wireless digital solutions to create interactive collaborative environments.”
Charlie Baynes, managing director of Medhurst added, “There was a real buzz around the event and of course, following AFC Bournemouth’s historic promotion to the Premiership a day earlier, it was the ideal venue for the local community to come together. It was great to see so many new customers at the day and we will be working in partnership with Hugh Symons to offer our customers the most attractive Audio Visual and Technology solutions.”
Some comments from customers and vendors about the day
- “It was a great event well organised with high attendance and pleasure for us to attend, thank you.” Carley Everton, ProAV Channel Manager, Optoma Europe Ltd
- “Just a quick note to congratulate you on a job well done. It was as good an event as I have attended and I’ve been to a few. It was so very well organised and the attendance was very high, in my experience, for an event of this type. But really a big thank you, we made some new contacts, cemented a couple of relationships and caught up with some old faces.” Rob King, Sales Director, Condor Office Solutions Ltd.
- “I thought it was very well organised and the attendance was excellent. We were busy all day, so congratulations on a very worthwhile event.” Tony White, Sales Manager – Pro AV, BenQ UK Ltd.
- “Once again, thank you very much for inviting ONETEC to exhibit. We thoroughly enjoyed the show, and found it worked very well. We will definitely book for the next exhibition. You and your team had done a tremendous job on the exhibition!” Paul Ford, Technical Sales Manager, ONETEC.
- “Thanks for organising a very helpful showcase yesterday.” Chris Nash, TA with ICT responsibilities, St Katharine’s CE (VA) Primary School
- “Just to say that from my point of view I thought your AV day a great success, you had the right mix of suppliers and they were all willing to talk. Very profitable with BenQ and Peerless.” Peter, Bournemouth & Poole College
About Hugh Symons
Hugh Symons is a leading provider of Audio Visual and Media solutions. With over 40 years ICT experience, we are able to offer Interactive Whiteboards, Projectors, Digital Signage, Audio, Plasma/LCD screens, IPTV solutions, Control panels/switches, Information displays, IPCCTV, Video Conferencing, Visualisers, Assessment solutions and AV accessories with full installation, training and support packages
Since 1986, we have been making IT work for education and business clients. Our offices in Hampshire, Dorset and Cheshire deliver cost effective and flexible IT solutions and services to meet the individual needs of over 450 education and commercial customers. Our mission is simple – to take away the burden of IT management to enable our clients to focus on their core business. We provide a range of tailored IT services and scalable solutions, offering clients the flexibility to choose what best suits their requirements now and into the future.